Mobirise

Pithara

The ravine of Pythara is located in the village of Apoikia. It is called, according to tradition, "Fairyland". Its abundant and crystal clear waters create an amazing habitat, forming small waterfalls and ponds where aquatic life abounds. The landscape is green and here you can find rare species of plants and wildflowers, many different species of birds, as well as several amphibians. The water springs from the area of ​​Evrousies, on Mount Petalo. Crops are irrigated from Pythara, while from 1863 until 1936 its waters moved the "Fabrika", the largest watermill in the Balkans, a little further down, in the village of Stenies.
Where it is located: In the village of Apoikia, a few kilometers after Chora, in the west.
How to get there: Leave the car on the main road and follow the path to Pythara. After a 10 minute walk, you reach your destination

Mobirise

Aladinou Cave "Foros"

The cave in the village "Aladino" is one of the top attractions of Andros. It has an age of 4.5 - 5 million years and an area of ​​about 500 sq.m. It consists of five rooms, four of which can be visited. It was discovered in 1932 by Ioannis Petrochilos and was mapped in more detail afterwards. Stalactites, stalagmites, elixirs, hanging rocks and colorful rocks offer a special spectacle to visitors.
Where it is located: Just before Chora, in the homonymous village.
How to get there: By car Follow the main road from to Chora Stavropeda. Turn left on the bypass road of Messaria and immediately right again towards the villages of Aladino and Falika. There is marking.
Phone: 6939696835 & 2282051883
E-mail: ioannispip@gmail.com
Website: www.caveforos.webs.com

Mobirise

Venetian castle of Andros town

One of the most important monuments in the capital of Andros, is its famous castle, which was the fortified residence of the Venetian ruler Marinos Dandolos, when he conquered the island. It was built in 1207. The castle towers and barracks, as well as the coats of arms of the Venetian rulers, were well preserved until 1943. After the heavy bombardment by the Germans of the same year, the castle was completely destroyed. Today, one can only see its ruins.
Where it is located: At the end of Chora, in the square of the Invisible Sailor.
How to get there: On foot, from Cairo Square.

Mobirise

Kochilou Castle

Pano Kastro, or Castle of Faneromeni, was built from 1207 to 1233, by the Venetian ruler of the island, Marino Dandolo. It is located on an impressive plateau, north of Korthio Bay, at an altitude of 585 meters. Today some parts of the walls are preserved, as well as the church of Faneromeni. The landscape is imposing and the view of the eastern Aegean is unique.
Where it is located: Above the village of Kochylos.
How to get there: Follow the main road from Chora to Korthi (or vice versa) and reach the village of Kochylos. From there follow the road to the bottom of the hill, where the castle is located, and from there you will climb 143 steps, to the entrance.

Mobirise

Bridge of Love in Episkopio

It is the dream scene, which became known everywhere from "Little England", the moving film by Pantelis Voulgaris (based on the eponymous masterpiece novel by Ioanna Karystiani).
From Korthi, within 10 minutes, we reach the Diocese, one of the most beautiful villages of Andros!
We leave the car and start walking.

Mobirise

Springs in Menites

Menites is probably the greenest village on the island. Inside the walnuts and the plane trees it emerges and nature is dressed at its best. The waters run from the mouths of marble lions, in the small shady square with taverns and cafes.

Mobirise

Gerolimni

A beautiful lake on the river that leads from the village of Vourkoti to the beach in Achla.

Mobirise

Bridge in Aladinou

An elegant stone bridge that is considered built by Epirote craftsmen.

Mobirise

Saint Taxiarchis in Messaria

According to the inscription, the church dates back to 1158 during the reign of Emperor Manuel Komnenos.

This site was built with Mobirise